Image Captions and Information
Captions can be critical during judging — write and enter your image captions carefully.
IPTC data may be embedded into images using Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Aperture, Lightroom and other image editing solutions. You must include the correct capture date and location information. Once you have uploaded your files, any preexisting IPTC data will be automatically extracted and displayed for review and modification.
The following IPTC fields are required:
- Document Title is the image title
- Author is the photographer's name
- Description is the caption
- Capture Date verify that this field is correct
- Location information including location (if applicable), city (or nearest city), state/province, country and three character ISO country code
- Copyright name of publication or copyright holder (if applicable)
Multimedia Submission Preparation
You may upload the following file formats: .mov, .m4v, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, .flv, .swf and .zip. The preferred format for video entries is H.264 encoded .mov or .m4v files. Entries that can only be viewed online may be submitted by using the 'Add URL' button in the multimedia category sections of the entry appliation. Double check the URL that you provide. If your site is down we cannot judge your entry. If you submit a URL and your entry wins, you will be asked to provide a downloadable copy of the project after judging.
A general guideline is that if a project displays properly from your computer before you uploaded it to your website, it must be submitted as a file instead of a URL..
If a URL submission is modified after the entry period closes on September 23, 2018 it will be disqualified.
Only single files may be uploaded for multimedia entries. If you are submitting an entry comprised of multiple files (for example a SoundSlides presentation), please compress all the files together into a single "zip" file.
Creating a ZIP File
- Put the contents of the multimedia entry into one single folder
- Title this folder with the title of the multimedia project
- Compress the folder into a .zip file
- Windows users: right-click on the folder icon, select "Send To..." and then "Compressed (zipped) Folder"
- Mac OS X users: control-click the folder icon, and select "Create Archive of folder name".
- You will also be required to upload a preview image that with be associated with this entry
After the September 23rd deadline, CPOY will confirm your eligibility with the advisor or instructor you listed on your registration form. You will then receive a second email on or before October 6th letting you know that your entry is complete. See the Eligibility Verification section of the rules page for an explanation of this process.